The Assistant County Executive performs the following functions:
- Advises the Board of Supervisors and County Executive on operational, administrative, labor and fiscal issues for overall County operations.
- Manages the County’s daily internal operations and coordinate activities through the Deputy County Executives and Chief Fiscal Officer.
- Identifies future needs of the County, establish long term goals and direct the development of strategies for meeting these goals.
- Serves as County Executive’s liaison to the three elected Department Heads: Sheriff, District Attorney and Assessor.
- Serves as County Executive’s alternate for emergency response responsibilities.
- Serves as County Executive in the County Executives absence.
Office of the County Executive Mission